Holiday excitement - Ski edition

Thursday 11 December 2014


Long line long sleeve top - Topshop
Faux fur trim boots - Debenhams
Ski jacket - TK Maxx
Beanie hat - Jack Wills via ASOS
Tribal knitted leggings - Forever 21
Knitted headband - Sweaty Betty
Long thermal spot socks - M&S


Ok, so I know i'm getting a little ahead of myself for a holiday that is at the end of February but I thought i'd sneak this one in before christmas in case any family members feel like giving me a hand ;-).
To set the scene, I haven't been skiing since Christmas 2009, therefore I need a complete over-haul of ski gear because 1. Fashion has very much changed (goodbye hot pink all in one) and 2. I've grown a good half foot since then (and probably half a foot outwards as well).

I know I know, half of these are less ski-practical and more ski-fashionable but hey, you have to try and look reasonable right?
Seen as I have decided to go for a 2-piece this year I feel like what I wear underneath has to be slightly nicer that what i'd wear under an all in one. Am I crazy? Even if I am, I have decided that knitted leggings and long line long sleeves are the way to go, and I am particularly fond of the two in the picture above. Paired with warm boots and a big thick coat, it's the perfect outfit for an evening in town or paired with thermal socks and a wooly hat for a warm base layer under a ski suit.

What I do know for sure is that i'm after a 2-piece ski suit and I will more than likely go for black trousers and then maybe a slightly more colourful jacket so I can be found on the slopes. This purple ski jacket from TK Maxx is an absolute bargain and exactly what I am looking for, but i'm sure by the time I get around to purchasing, it will already be sold out. Damn Christmas and it's effect on my bank balance!

Am I bananas to be looking at things already?
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment