AWOL

Thursday 27 September 2012

Hey guys.
I know I know. I keep going awol. I am sooooo sorry. I promise to be good and blog regularly from now on :) Not forgiven yet?
Okay, here's the reason:
I've gone and got myself a temporary second job, and I know lots of people do it but I do not understand how! My first day off in two weeks is on Thursday and the only reason I've got that is because I got my shift at Wallis covered because it's my boyfriend and I's second year anniversary (don't worry there will be a whole post on that soon.) Anyway, enough of my whining. I am slowly getting into a routine and learning to get things done around work :(. I'm not sure I'll be able to do this full time work lark for the next 40 odd years, I'm exhausted.

So, because I haven't had much time to myself recently I haven't been able to get to many shops, not even online ones, to do any shopping! Which is probably a good thing really seen as the whole reason I'm doing this second job is to save money. However, last week at Wallis we had an up to 30% off event and there was 20% off all jewellery (even sale stuff!) and I had seen a few bits I liked so I thought I might as well get what I wanted whilst this event was on. Big mistake, I ended up spending about £26. Naughty Megan.

Wanna see what I got? Here goes...
p.s before we start, I want to apologise for the quality of the photo's. A new camera is on my list of important things to buy.

Lets start with silver sale. necklace: £4   Ring:£3.20

Black feather earrings £1.60

Matching feather necklace £4.80 

My favourite-gold chain bracelet £4

Non sale - Bracelet £6 Ring:£3.20

And then, just to top it off, I made the mistake of going into Superdrug whilst waiting for my friend. I've been meaning to find a new foundation for a while now, as I'm currently in the process of using up the last bits of my current ones. I was hoping to find a really nice/probably very expensive one, that would become my ultimate fave. However, I happened to spot a '2 for £10' on all Maybelline make-up, and well, I do quite like Maybelline as a high street product, so couldn't really resist!


This foundation is one of the newer ones and at £9.19 on it's own, I thought it would be worthwhile to try as part of this deal. An added bonus was that it actually came in a shade light enough for my skin! I bought it in 'Light Beige' and find it to be a perfect colour match. Result!

At £7.99 it is a reasonably priced mascara, but as part of the 2 for £10, paired with the foundation, it became a bargain.

I saw Tanya Burr post a photo of this mascara on twitter saying it was one  of her favourites, and when I saw it in store,  I was enticed to try it. I had only seen good reviews on it and as it was one of their new mascaras I assumed it would be better than their previous mascaras. Why make something new that's worse than the old right?
So together at retail price it would have been £17.18, so I think £10 was a good deal. This foundation will do for now (because it's better than the rest I currently have) but I am still on the hunt for my amazing foundation.
Got any tips on finding that amazing foundation? Let me know.


Megan xo

No comments:

Post a Comment