Pudsey Bear

Friday 15 November 2013

Good old Pudsey. I am so looking forward to the CIN show tonight, it's so cute... and sad too, but everyone is super charitable and it gives me faith in humanity again. 
Last night I thought it would be a super idea to stay up until 1am making 36 cupcakes for my mum's school fair. So here it is:

For 12 cupcakes
120g plain flour
140g caster sugar
40g unsalted butter
1.5 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 egg
120ml milk
0.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
170° oven or 150° fan

Mix flour, sugar, butter in a bowl until crumb like. Slowly add everything else until you have a smooth mixture, be careful not to over do it.
Split equally into 4 bowls and add a little gel food colouring into each - I used red, yellow, green, blue.
Fill each case until roughly 2/3rd's full. Cook for around 20 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.

Remove and leave to cool in the tin.
Buttercream
250g icing sugar
40g unsalted butter
Few drops of milk
Yellow food colouring
Mix it all like crazy and amend the amount of butter/milk depending on thickness and taste preferences.





Now, how you decorate it is entirely up to you. I used up some roll out icing to make Pudsey faces, but you could also make white buttercream and then add some coloured dots. Or you could ice paw prints. Do whatever you like, the world is your oyster!


Seen as I was already up at 1am I thought i'd paint my mum's nails for her. (She was already up, she helped me with the cakes. I didn't just wake her up for funsies)
Taking Pudseys face for inspiration I ended up with this:


Are you guys going to do anything for CIN tonight? I hope you all donate.

Have a great weekend.

Megan xo


P.S. I'm sorry about the lighting in the images. There's not a whole lotta natural light at midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment