First trip to Scotland

Thursday 12 July 2012

Hey!
So, in my previous post I said I would write a little more about my trip to St Andrews to visit my sister who is over at laurenella.
She started university 4 years ago, and I was never that interested in visiting, mainly because because I'm not a fan of getting trains on my own. However, she graduated in June and I realised that if I didn't go I'd probably never visit Scotland and my family kept telling me I'd enjoy it and it's a nice town etc etc, so I gave in and went up for a few days last week.


I have to admit, the train journey wasn't as boring and awful as I was expecting, but it was still quite a long journey (about 7 hours in total!) I was only up their for 2 full days so my sister had to pick what she wanted to show me/what would 'wow' me. She decided on afternoon tea at the Old Course Hotel (by the seems of it, afternoon tea was the only thing we could afford.) The hotel was very fancy and the tea was held in the conservatory, which was a lovely room, and fortunately the rain held off long enough for us to enjoy the view.

The front view of the hotel, given some of the cars that were outside, I could already tell it would be a nice place.


I wonder how much these flowers cost? I won't complain though, they smelt beautiful and were very pretty, definitely out do any other bouquet I've seen before!


This chandelier was the first thing I noticed as I walked into the room, it was HUGE!


We decided to share 3 High Tea's between the 5 of us which turned out to be a very good idea. On the lower tier were four different types of sandwich; Ham and tomato chutney, smoked salmon, cucumber and cream cheese and egg mayonnaise with a few cheese and herb twists balanced on top. The middle tier had lemon pancakes, and a mix of plain and fruit scones which came with clotted cream and a champagne preserve.



 And finally, the top tier (by far the best tier) had a variety of delicious treats; Victoria sponge, white chocolate and passion fruit mousse cake, strawberry tarts, chocolate and coffee cake and lemon drizzle cake. 


Each Afternoon Tea is £19 in which you get the mix of yummy foods and unlimited tea/coffee (bare in mind that the picture is 3 afternoon teas on one tier set) which to me isn't too expensive for the food and the lovely setting you get. I really enjoyed it but I cant see it being something I'd do regularly.


(The pictures were taken by my sister, as I got a bit distracted by the food and her camera is better than mine.)

Has anyone else had Afternoon Tea that they really enjoyed?

Megan xo

No comments:

Post a Comment