Autumn wishlist

Sunday 22 September 2013

Hello autumn, I've missed you! 
Being the first day of autumn, it seemed fitting to post my wish list for this season. There is nothing I love more than being snuggled in my dressing gown with a hot cup of tea when its dark out. And I love it even more when I don't have to wait till 10pm for it to be dark. Autumn is definitely my favourite season by far, and it also holds my birthday which just makes it a million times better.


1. I love burning candles and I discovered this brand when I surprised my sister with a mini hamper after her she finished her MA. Warm welcome just sounds autumn-y and it has 5 stars on the website so it must be good, right?

2. Black ankle boots are a staple item for me during the colder months. Ballet pumps just aren't wise with all the rain we get (no one likes having soggy feet) so I live in boots. I realised during a rainy day last week that my current ankle boots have a hole somewhere at the bottom of the right foot, erghhh! These ones from New Look just look cosy.

3. If you follow me on Instagram then you've probably noticed that i'm a big fan of nail art. I have embraced neons and pastels this summer, but i'm excited to start using darker colours. Butter London nail varnishes are amazing, but just so expensive :(. I really like this mossy green sparkly colour though...maybe i'll put it on my birthday list!

4. Chapped lips+lipstick=dreadful combo. BUT, Benefit lipsticks are so so moisturising that I don't have to worry about that particular problem. These new 'hydra-smooth' lipsticks caught my eye and I have found my favourite shade in the collection. It's 'Talk flirty' and is a medium coverage pinky purple, perfect for everyday wear.

5. I spend a lot of time at work researching high street stores and looking at all the new items coming in. With the dramatic change in weather that we have seen over the last couple of weeks, high street stores are quickly stocking thick snuggly jumpers and cardigans for the cold weather we will be having for probably the next 8 months. This cardigan from River Island caught my eye at work on Tuesday, and I haven't stopped going back on the site to look at it. I am seriously struggling to dress appropriately for the weather at the minute.I dress for the cold temperatures but then get too hot on the train to work. I think this cardigan is perfect- snuggly enough for the train journey but not too thick that I can't wear it under a coat when walking around London.

Now the only problem I have is what to buy first?!


Megan xo

No comments:

Post a Comment