'Probably shouldn't have done that'

Tuesday 17 September 2013

The title pretty much sums up what my bank balance was saying to me after I walked out of Boots on Sunday. My response was 'be quiet, they are necessary purchases.' Besides, it was buy one get one half price so it's justified right?
1. EcoTools eyeshadow brush- so I may already have this brush but its just so fluffy I had to have another.
2. Real techniques expert face brush- another brush to add to my little collection, I don't really need it, but I'll use it anyway. It's a good brush, and not a bad price!
3. Bourjois Delice de soleil- I had the chocolate block, so now I'm going to try this one. I don't really use bronzer that often (I don't think I have any cheek bones to contour but hey, it's handy to have.
4. Rimmel Wake me up foundation in ivory- I've had this foundation before and I liked it. It has good coverage, doesn't dry out my skin and also doesn't slide off my face as quickly as some others. It's a handy one to have on weekdays when I'm just going to work.
5. Revlon lip butter in cupcake- I bought one of these in the shade 'raspberry pie' as soon as they came out, and I love them when the weather gets colder. They're super moisturising, and such lovely colours. Perfect for autumn.

6. Benefit they're real mascara- I'm actually very surprised I didn't buy this mascara as soon as everyone started raving about it. Good willpower Megan, well done! 'Claps self', but when I spotted that at the moment, you get a free travel size one with it (perfect for my carry around make up bag) I couldn't resist any longer. Very good mascara, however it rubs off very easily which isn't good for someone who picks their eyelashes!

7. Benefit Rockateur blusher- I needed a new blusher, this ones new, and the sales advisor was very good at her job. Need I say more? I like it, and the shimmer goes away after a few uses which is handy for me as I'm not in to sparkly blushers.

8. Time for the grand finale, the Yves Saint Laurent le teint touché éclat foundation- expensive? Yes. Worth it? Who knows, haven't used it yet. Why? This is my first high end foundation (other than the Clinique one that was too dark for my skin when I was 15) and I wanted to treat myself to a decent one. I took myself to a counter, and then didn't know what shade I was so I completely trusted the woman behind the counter. We will soon see if she was any good at her job.


I may have to wait a little while until my next make up haul, my bank card is still crying in my purse.

Megan xo

No comments:

Post a Comment