Chocolate oreo cupcakes

Wednesday 19 November 2014

Hello hello. There is nothing I love more than baking and eating cakes and I adore my Hummingbird bakery cookbook more than any other recipe book I own. However, there are only so many icing combinations that you can pair with a plain sponge so I did the fairly standard twist-add oreos.


Make your chocolate cake mix by beating 100g plain flour (sieved), 20g cocoa powder (sieved), 140g caster sugar, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, pinch of salt and 40g unsalted butter. Then mix in 120ml milk, 1 egg and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract ( I may have got my little brother to do all this).


Split equally into 12 cupcake cases and then push a whole oreo to the bottom of each case. Place them into your pre-heated oven (170 degrees) for around 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin whilst you prepare your buttercream. I decided to go with cream cheese frosting but you could always make oreo buttercream by stirring crushed oreos into your standard buttercream mix.

Beat 300g icing sugar and 50g unsalted butter together until light and fluffy (around 3 minutes) and then mix in 125g cream cheese. Once your cakes are cool you can pipe/smother them in the frosting and top with whatever you fancy.



Don't forget-you aren't obligated to share these with anyone, we won't judge you if you eat all 12 because they really are delicious.

I think I might try to create Jaffa Cake cupcakes next time, stay tuned.

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment