Zebra-Esq

Thursday 30 August 2012

Hey guys!
Sorry that this post is so far apart from the last. I don't really have an excuse, so yeah, really sorry! I shall try to get back to regular blogging :)

Quick catch up. So, I got my results the other week, finished my A-levels with two B's and a C. Not too bad I guess! I decided Uni isn't for me so I guess I'm going to have to join the real world sooner than some of my other friends which is pretty sucky! I don't actually have a plan as of yet, I know I want to do something related to fashion/media, but who knows what will happen. At the moment I am staying at my job at Wallis to earn some extra money as I intend to visit a few of the countries on my list before I have to settle into a real job.

OH, and I also went to Go Ape the other day for my friends birthday, it was AWESOME. Check out the video my friend Natalie made here.



Anyway, back to the point of this post. Recently I have been sporting pastel coloured nails, hoping it would make me feel more summery. However, today the weather was really really crap and was all rainy and dark, so I thought I'd change my nails to match!

Whilst I was hunting out all my dark and wintery nail polishes I came across a nail art pen I bought back when I thought I was really good at painting nails aha. Of course I had to use it again, so here are the results of this find.

I used 3 nail varnishes, as well as my base and top coat ones. The one on the left is a Maxfactor limited edition nailfinity that I got in one of those gift boxes at Christmas. The one on the right is a Ciaté paint pot, in the colour 'Wait until dark'. Finally, the centre one is a silver nail art pen I got off of eBay about 6 months ago. It's not the best nail pen but it does the simple things.
The art pen has a thin brush as well as the nib, but I have only ever used the nib.



I started off with the black, it took a few coats to get it this dark which is a pain, but I really like the brush of this nail varnish. I painted my ring fingers the dark purple, but you cant really see it in these pictures :(, it is noticeable when it shines in the light though.


I put a little bit of the silver on to my nail once it was completely dry and used the nib to move it around and create this stripey effect.

It actually worked much better than I thought it would. I may have to invest in some other colours, What do you think of this zebra-Esq nail effect?

Megan xo

No comments:

Post a Comment