OOTD: casual class

Sunday 6 October 2013

Hey guys!

I went a little crazy this week and purchased a pair of shoes that I normally wouldn't look twice at. These 'high tops' are everywhere at the moment, but I always thought they were too casual for me. I'm normally much more of a ballet pump with bows on type of gal. Working in London has all but removed the possibility of wearing pumps. I have a 20 minute walk from the station to my office everyday, and if there is even the slightest bit of rain, pumps become a no-go...unless you like to have soggy feet for the rest of the day that is.

I was instantly drawn to these ones from River, the quilted base and suede panels made them seem slightly girlier and they just looked comfy. I was sold, into the basket they went. The only part I wasn't thrilled with was the white bottom, but 1 day walking around London and it became a slightly grubbier, less gleaming shade of white.

Top: Matalan

Leggings: Matalan

Blazer: New Look

Shoes: River Island

I teamed the bright yellow top with these leggings to add a bit of colour and added this smart-ish blazer into the mix to make the overall look slightly less casual. Matalan seems to be taking over this outfit a little, not that I'm complaining mind, they have some really lovely stuff in at the moment.

What do you think, can I pull off this sports luxe trend?

Megan xo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment